Momma-Whit

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Things you learn through blogging

Blogging seems to be the new craze in our family. Daily, it seems, I get an e-mail telling me to go read someone's blog. Even more amazing now, is that thanks to the latest post by StudPace, the most technologically challenged member of our family has created a blog identity.

I have learned a lot through reading the blogs of other people, especially those of my family members--specifically my children. There is a belief that mom's know everything. I have discovered, however, that that is simply not true. All I have to do is read the blogs of a-whit and I learn many things about childhood happenings--some things that would not be my choice to be revealed, but albeit, my daughter sees things differently. Anything for a laugh!

So, parents beware, once your offspring gets his or her own blog, nothing is sacred.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Alecia Whitaker said…

    Good to see that I've had such a positive influence on my mother. I look forward to reading the important stories of her life - our lives - I'm not afraid of the public domain spotlight. Parents embarrass children (hugging us when they dropped us off at slumber parties, honking and waving from our old beat-up car in the morning in front of middle school, putting naked baby pictures in the paper, etc.), so it's our turn to turn the tables.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger studpace said…

    The openness is great. Your family's honesty and openness is second to none. It is very different than the environment that I grew up in. Thanks for your great examples!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home